venom_marvelcut_front
FanFix August 21, 2023 1410
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

First of all, I would like to thank the editor for the privilege of letting me watch the edit first and for listening to my feedback!

Venom is a film that I watched a couple of times and then I wasn't planning of watching it ever again. I didn't hate it, but there were so many issues with it, especially the ridiculous Marvel humor, that made it unwatchable for me. Enter Josephdquinn! The work he did was incredible. He removed all of the silliness from the movie maintaining its lightheartedness but without being ridiculous. Also, trimming down other unnecessary scenes was also welcome. It's not that this edit completely transformed the movie, but at least now I have absolutely no problem rewatching it without cringing every two minutes.

Another ingenious thing that he did was placing an extra scene (won't spoil it) making it part of the MCU! The way that he incorporated the scene was simply excellent!

Technical-wise it was perfect, all the cuts were seamless! You won't know if there is a cut somewhere even if you look for it.

All in all, the backbone of the movie is still there, so if you hated it, I don't think this edit will do much for you. But if you found the movie to be ok and above, then this edit is definitely for you and I assure you it will be your go-to version in the future!

Thank you Josephdquinn for all your hard work and thanks to anyone who read my review!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments