trueromancehyper_front
FanMix December 01, 2022 1248
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Well, that's hard to rate. True Romance is one of my all-time favorite films... so I was very excited to see the Tarantino Cut. and I'm happy to say that it's a technically flawless cut and I enjoyed the additional VFX .

The music changes were fine for the most part - but Cypress Hill just doesn't fit the mood of the original film with all its rock(-abilly) influences. Also, cutting within one of the most iconic scenes (Christopher Walken & Dennis Hopper dialogue) is almost unforgivable in my eyes.

I would have liked to see the title cards inserted as in the original script - this could have helped smooth out the jumps between scenes. For example, the jump between Clarence and Alabama's first meeting in the theater and their arrival at his father's trailer is a bit abrupt. I wouldn't mind seeing a few scenes of the wedding, etc., before moving on to the next scene.

Even though this could read like a very critical review - it's based on the fact that Tony Scott already made a great movie.
You can see the effort that went into the edit and I really enjoyed watching the movie as close to the original script as possible.

By the way, I have no problem with the choice of the original ending. Eve if Tarantino has made his peace with the Scott ending today.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments