Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Enjoyment

October 24, 2009 @ 12:47 am

Titanic: The White Star Extended Edition

Review by Captain Khajiit

This is the best extended edition I have ever seen. The subject matter of the film fully justifies an epic extended edition of this nature, and the film easily absorbs the extra running time. I only became aware of the time when the first disc of this three-disc set ended.

I found each of the added scenes contributed to in some small way to the film, and filled out the story of one of the most remarkable disasters in world history. I do not care much for the alternative ending, but as the second and third discs are identical apart from the ending, one can take one’s choice.

Editing: 10 out of 10 for the editing itself – it was plain sailing all the way through

Entertainment: 10 out of 10 (theatrical – 9 out of 10)

Image and video quality: The video was excellent, with an almost imperceptible reduction in quality being present in the deleted scenes. 10 out of 10

Audio editing and audio quality: There is clear audio throughout, with only one hardcut being present, at a non-critical juncture, which did not take me out of the film at all. 9 out of 10

Presentation: who cares?

Overall: 10 out of 10

With adigitalman at the helm, Titanic becomes an unsinkable success.
C
Top 500 Reviewer 33 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments