9.7 4 10
FanFix April 25, 2019 5249
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

A film I was a bit indifferent too when I first saw it for the first and only time a few years ago, but appreciated it more on watching again and can certainly see why it became such a juggernaut.

Whether this better reception is due to Andreas’ re-editing or otherwise I cannot be sure, apart from the “present day” storyline I didn’t notice any of the material either missing from or added to the narrative. The engineering enthusiast in me does miss the diving scenes though, and I must admit that the change to a straight narrative (as opposed to bookended and narrated) made it feel a touch less “epic”, but that would defeat the stated purpose of the edit.

The story does feel a quite overwrought at times too, but this film is not trying to be “A Night to Remember”, looking forward to see how other editors have tried reshaping the story. Perhaps krausfadr’s “Jack & Rose” then Q2’s “Extended Edition”, which (excluding combined works) might be the longest fan-edited film listed here, correct me if I’m wrong!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
P
Top 50 Reviewer 83 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments