FanFix December 03, 2022 3890
(Updated: April 13, 2024)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

There are aspects of the original Thor: Love and Thunder that I enjoyed but the "comedy" (if you'd like to call it that) made it almost unbearable. Everything we'd seen in the past of Thor's character arc, with his mourning, his humility, and declining mental health, had all been thrown to the wayside to make room for an at times childish Thor and cheap, middle school humor. Unfortunately, I think there's very little any editor could do to try and resurrect any sort of character or story progression from the atrocity that is Thor 4 but Tremault's edit seems to smooth out the ride of the original trainwreck and that's definitely worth some praise.

Purely based on personal preference, there are parts that I would've liked to see remain in this cut, like the falling glass temple, Thor's (admittedly lame but funny) slow glide into screen when Star Lord looks at the Guardians and the absurdity of Zeus (which, I think, actually fits given the character). Not all comedy was bad comedy in the original, the majority of it was though. Ultimately, this was a MUCH better version than the original and I'd 1000% watch this before watching the official release. Thanks, Tremault!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
T
Top 1000 Reviewer 2 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments