thorlovethundercomedy_front
FanFix December 03, 2022 3869
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This is a HUGE improvement on the original film! I loved that Jane is only revealed to us when Thor sees her for the first time to make us also wonder what is even going on here? The town hall scene felt a bit too jumpy but taika didnt really give us many serious lines to allow the scene to flow properly without the silliness. I really liked how the scene with Valkyrie and Jane was reworked and swapped out for alternate footage after she smashes the sink. It felt far more fitting given what is happening to Jane and allows you to actually connect with her and her struggle. If you ever did a revised edition i'd love to see a mini montage of her being told the bad news and then her making the trip to asgard so its no longer something that happens 'off screen'. I think it would complete her character arc perfectly as then we can see how desperate she was to live but then chooses the opposite choice to save the children. I thought at first you'd moved that little sequence to where she tells thor on the boat and I think it would fit really well there. I was a little confused as we had 2 zeus scenes and I feel like maybe it had to be one or the other but it was still nice to see that extra unused scene as that could change the whole story if you wanted a version where we did get thunderbolt handed to us

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply January 22, 2023

Thanks for the good feedback, I appreciate the alternate perspective. I did feel like the boat scene was really intimate and it was important to keep the focus on just Thor and Jane for the most part.
Some other good ideas, and I'm really glad you mentioned you liked how we first meet Jane when Thor does. that's really encouraging :)

K
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments