Review Detail

9.7 21 10
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

The kind of furiously inventive fanediting art that makes you a bit ashamed that've only managed to trim few scenes here and there in your own uninspired projects. Despite all the crazy ideas and source hopping fun, there is a rigorous fidelity to the new concept and story, that lessor editors (such as myself) might've missed. There was a moment with a POV shot over MacReady's shoulder as he pilots his helicopter over the ice, where I thought "Hey this looks exactly like the same shot from 'The Empire Strikes Back'. I wonder if Blueyoda will use that for a giggle", then I thought, no that would be inconsistent with his new story, it would just be a joke for jokes sake. Instead Blueyoda piles on diabetes joke, after diabetes joke, using sound, visuals and FX to make the idea live. The funniest joke in the edit was on the included subtitle track "Nauls respectfully turns off the music". It was almost a spit-take for me. Thanks Blueyoda for a real blast!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

3 results - showing 1 - 3
Ordering
(Updated: September 08, 2022) September 08, 2022
I loved that bit with Nauls. Got a belly laugh outta me.
T
the-scribbling-man
September 09, 2022
"The kind of furiously inventive fanediting art that makes you a bit ashamed that've only managed to trim few scenes here and there in your own uninspired projects."

Speak for yourself :P
G
gieferg
October 18, 2022
Thanks for such a glowing review! I'm glad you watched it with subtitles as I snuck a couple of jokes in there. As for Empire Strikes Back, it was really difficult to hold back because I had too many crossover ideas so I ultimately assembled them all into this fake trailer: https://youtu.be/FLDofQGtQuI
B
blueyoda
3 results - showing 1 - 3