Review Detail

9.4 83 10
FanMix July 04, 2012 19401
(Updated: August 31, 2012)
Enjoyment

January 9, 2010 @ 9:15 am

Backbackbackbackbackback……. GONE!

TMBTM hits ANOTHER one out of the park! Easily 10/10 and I don’t hand those out lightly. In fact, this is only fanedit that “goes to 11″. It’s one higher than the rest.

I didn’t think it was possible to top Jaws: Sharksploitation, but here it is. In my review of Jaws: Sharksploitaiton, I compared watching it to Eric Clapton’s reaction to seeing Jimi Hendrix play for the first time. After watching The War of the Stars, I’m just speechless. Fanediting is TMBTM’s world. The rest of us just live here.

Dammit man, this is why fanediting exists. For every hack and slash editor out there (myself included), THIS is how it’s done. Take notes, kids. TMBTM is simply on another level.

Pretty much every frame of The War of the Stars is brilliant.

The shot of the twin suns of Tatooine had me howling.

Genius doesn’t begin to describe the cantina scene. I’m a huge fan of the musician featured (no spoilers) and I loved it.

The sound effect when the Strom Trooper hits his head – perfect.

The integration of the deleted and documentary scenes was done brilliantly.

The music, the James Earl Jones lines, R2′s subtitles, the blood, the Obi-Wan/Vader fight scene, the ending….. I could go on. All genius.

I only had a few gripes:
1. The grindhouse effects extend into the black bars in the opening shot. A simple error that should’ve been corrected.
3. The new music added to the Battle of Yavin (right before the first failed shot) felt horribly out of place
2. I can’t see any reason to continue fanediting after watching this.

This is the antithesis to Star Wars: Revisited. If Adywan is the geeky straight-A student who stays home on Saturday night to play with his chemistry set, TMBTM is his cool twin brother who scores the winning touchdown and gets all the girls.

We may only be a week in to the new year, but the 2010 Fanedit of the Year competition is over. Thanks for playing everyone.

Why are you still reading this? Go watch it!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments