hauntingscrib_front
FanMix March 25, 2022 1244
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

For the most part the Psychological cut works very well. The scene Eleanor is on the colapsing library staircase works well desptite the cutting of the forshadowing scene in the library which establishes that the staircase is not safe. Ending with the car crash is very effective and I did not miss the conversation between the other characters that happens after in the original cut.

I have watched both the Haunting: The Psychological Cut and the Iplicity Cut. Of the two cuts I prefered 'The Implicit Cut' as it contained the backstory which gave context for when they are talking about Hugh Crain and the Nursery room. I wonder if there was a way to include this backstory in the Psychological cut while still telling the story from Eleanors point of view. Perhaps in the scene where they all meet for the first time over breakfast Dr. Markway could explain the history of the house to them?

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
April 26, 2022
Thank you for the review! I like your idea about Markway's narration/house backstory. Presenting that convincingly could be tricky i think, and due to the concept, I feel like the backstory is less relevant in this version. But it's an interesting idea and I'll give it some more thought :)
T
the-scribbling-man
1 results - showing 1 - 1