terminatorhunt_front
FanMix November 07, 2021 3401
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This is a fantastically made edit that creates a cool build-up of the T-800's full reveal.

This feels even more like a horror film compared to the original. The original is a horror film to me, anyways. In this edit the viewer learns as the character Sarah Connor learns what is going on. Someone is going around the city killing other women named Sarah Connor and she is concerned about it. Then, Sarah has to trust a strange man that saves her life, and seems to tell her the truth about a dystopian robot future.

I love the slower-burn build up of the plot. It's a seemingly standard Thriller for awhile, with no cyborg stuff going on, talked about, or shown. If it wasn't called The Terminator you wouldn't know where the plot is going, until the reveals. The setup for this is very clever, and edited together to a T. Sarah doesn't really suspect something is going on until the Tech Noir scene when Arnold stands back up, after being shot multiple times by Kyle.

The stock footage of the city is a little distracting right up front at the beginning. I'd add a soft filter/mask layer to it to make it look like it's from the 80s a little more, and add a little grain over it to get it to blend even better. Or get rid of it. Or maybe yet, use footage from another film from the 80s that has a city-wide shot.

Other than that, the video quality and audio quality is fantastic. This does not replace the original for me. I love the original too dearly. This is a new experience, since the reveal is a build-up, rather than letting it be known straight away that we are in a sci-fi universe with robots and laser guns. It's fantastic for those who have never seen the original and just bought it, but it's still fantastic for fanedit aficionados.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments