t2dehanced_front
FanMix January 14, 2024 901
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I like that edit of T2. It is well made and entertaining. I should mention that I have not rewatched the original movie for a long time so my memory may be blurry about some details.
The visual treatment is very interesting, applying an older look without overdoing it. Everything that was cut I did not miss (or remembered). The new score is very cool. Added VFX are nice. I liked almost all of it. The only note I’d like to give for this review is about the pacing of the horror since this is a focus of this edit. I feel like T-1000 is missing for too long around the middle of the movie. I missed him and cooled down a bit too much during the time spent at Enrique’s and Miles’. That may well be how it was edited in the original, I can’t remember exactly but I feel like there is something missing here. How does T-1000 get his police bike again? Anyway moving on with the ratings.

AV quality: the degrading is very nice and well made. I like it! And Bravo Scribbling Man for the new score. It felt right!
Audio editing: all pretty well made. I was a bit distracted by the shifting levels of Welcome to the Jungle at first, but I think it was all ok when I went back for a second listen. It follows what we see on screen with maybe just a slight lack of finesse?
Video editing: All well, I think Reese talks for a few seconds without his lips moving after a cut in the dream sequence, but it goes by so quickly, nitpicking again.
Narrative: The story holds up fine, the humor is still there, the action scenes are thrilling, character arcs are as is, I think.
Enjoyment: My only gripes, I was missing the T-1000 for too long and there was too much of a cool down period for me in the middle of the movie.
Recommendation: I strongly suggest you watch this edit, especially if you like action movies from the ‘80s and appreciate the work that can be done on visual aesthetics of fanedits. Good job!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
February 23, 2024
"I was missing the T-1000 for too long and there was too much of a cool down period for me in the middle of the movie."

It was always like that in the original movie.
G
gieferg
1 results - showing 1 - 1