TTT ART EP 01
FanMix September 01, 2023 637
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Honestly, I've never enjoyed this movie more than this cut. Reservoir Dogs has always played to me as overindulgent, which is something that I suppose can be said about a lot of Tarantino's scripts. But something about this one grates on me, like QT's love of his own dialog over-rode his storytelling sensibilities and had me saying "can we get on with it, please?" But here? I didn't have that problem; everything seemed important. And the way the editor re-ordered everything made for an extra gripping experience.
The only times the editing stuck out to me were a couple of moments with the sound. In those spots where we fade to black and the sound fades with it, I could hear the cuts. And there's a bit of ADR in the early scene where Freddy is talking with Holdaway that could have used some more finessing. It works, but it's pretty noticeable.
Changes to the look of the thing were welcome and inventive, the music replacements were fun, and the rhythm of everything was much improved. Highly recommended.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
December 22, 2023
Thanks for the amazing review. I will take a look at the audio issues you noted, with a view to fixing them :)
F
framesniffer
December 30, 2023
Keep up the good work!
P
plurmonger
2 results - showing 1 - 2