9.9 10 10
Special Projects February 03, 2018 6685
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

The theatrical cut, the special edition, and the fourth option of Terminator 2 are all great. I’ve watched the “searching John’s room” scene before, but never in context, integrated into the rest of the film. I love it.

I’ve never understood why this scene was omitted from the special edition. Why put all of the other deleted footage back in, but not this scene?

When I watch an extended edition, whether it’s The Lord of the Rings, Justice League, or Terminator 2, I’m not looking for a fast-paced plot. I have the theatrical cuts for that. I’m looking for theme, mood, atmosphere, and characterization, and that’s what’s present here.

It’s creepy, it develops the T-1000’s character, and Robert Patrick’s performance is fantastic. He plays it like an insectoid serial killer. It’s so surreal and bizarre, it’s like something out of another 1991 thriller, The Silence of the Lambs.

While I do usually prefer the faster-paced theatrical cut, if I’m ever in the mood for a more immersive experience, this is the version I’m going to pick.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments