FanFix February 08, 2014 3017
(Updated: November 04, 2014)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This is actually the first fanedit I have ever watched. I recently started getting interested in the idea of fanedits, and after reading through the summaries of all of numerous Superman fanedits, I decided that yours sounded the most intriguing to me due to the creation of a trilogy. I must say, the first installment did not disappoint. I really enjoyed it. I love Superman (thanks to Smallville, my whole allegiance flipped from Marvel to DC), but I always found the old Superman movies to be pretty boring. This edit brought out an exciting story from the first two Superman movies that really can appeal to a modern audience, just as Avid 4D intended. I will say, the movies are still definitely dated, and the story can still be pretty slow at times, but I felt Avid 4D did a really good job of cutting out unnecessary content that bogged the story down and keeping enough material in to still develop the story properly. As other reviews have said, the transition between the two films was a little strange, but overall, I think it was handled really well. And I loved what having Zod on the planet did for the time travel portion. The way Zod's speech was blended with scenes of Clark's anguish over Lois' death was a bold edit, and it worked really well. I didn't appreciate the time travel in the original movie, but I'd have to say, it was really exciting here. All in all, this was a really well done fanedit, and I'm really excited to see the rest of the trilogy. Thanks so much for creating this, Avid 4D!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
S
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments