9.1 25 10
FanMix June 20, 2012 8054
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I really liked this fanedit. Definitely replaces Supes 1 and 2 for me.

Audio/Video Quality

It was good. Not crystal clear but considering the movies are movies from the late 70's and early 80's that's understandable.

Audio/Video Editing

Flawless in my opinion. Not one instance that a cut is noticable.

Narrative

Great except for one thing: How does Lex Luthor know Jor-El and The Fortress of Solitude? He hasn't been there yet. The newspaper? No, it never mentioned Jor-El. If we exclude that, the narrative amazingly works!

Enjoyment

Despite my Lex nitpick, I enjoyed this the whole time. It was so fun! No time-travel, no magic kiss, no stupid landgrabbing (even Superman Returns' landgrabbing made more sense!) and surprisingly the Superman Returns Krypton establishing shot worked perfectly!

Overall, I would definitely recommend this to the people who want a near perfect Superman movie!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
DVD
Owner's reply March 12, 2014

Thank you for this awesome Review and I'm really glad that you enjoyed it overall.

There is no getting around the Lex issue, and it's one of the rare instances where as a faneditor I relied on implication to tie narrative ends. Because Lex is the 'greatest criminal mind' and clearly his reputation as a really bad guy based on everyone's reaction, I had to let Lex's brief explanation stand.. "How do you know all this?" "Because I'm Lex Luthor, (and I'm smart as hell.)

I've been toying with doing a HD re-edit of this and if I ever really do, I've toyed with creating two versions. One which keeps the original edit which is what Jelio and I worked out, and then one that tries to interweave Lex earlier. I have a few ideas on how I might be able to accomplish that without bringing in Otis and Miss Tessmacher, or at least without their buffoonery.

Anyhow, I'm glad that you enjoyed this in spite of the Lex Conundrum!

Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments