FanFix February 04, 2024 1096
(Updated: March 07, 2024)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

As a die-hard Reeve Supes fan, I must say that this was a solid edit by PanteraSteel.

Nothing too drastic changed nor any major scenes removed. This is simply two great films blended together back-to-back, with a few extra scenes that weren't present in the Donner Cut of II. And the transition between I and II was pretty darn seamless that I actually couldn't tell at first.

If I had one criticism it would be that the overall ending was a tad confusing. I totally get not wanting to include the magic amnesia kiss or Supes reversing time (as it already happened halfway through the edit, and even removing that scene wouldn't have helped), but it didn't really make much sense to me that Lois would act like she forgot about Clark's identity, and Clark being "jealous" of Superman. Maybe it was an act, and she was keeping her promise from the scene before. I'm not sure, it just didn't seem clear to me.

But aside from that, this version pretty much demonstrates what the original plan for the story would have been if Donner wasn't fired in the first place. It may not be accurate, but it's pretty close. Great to watch if you're feeling nostalgic.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
D
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments