suicidesquadfail_front
FanFix May 29, 2023 1424
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

When a lot of people were being critical of the original cut of this movie, I was an apologist for it. I enjoyed it. That doesn't mean that I didn't see room for improvement. Pacing was rough, the time skips were jarring sometimes, and the "comic" book stylings of the story jumps (i.e. introductions of the squad) were not great.

This edit is now my go-to for when I want to watch this movie. The reordering of the scenes was well done. The movie pacing issues were resolved for the most part. Don't get me wrong, you can only do so much with the source material, and I'm not looking for miracles. Also, the introductions and backstories for the squad was much much better and felt more organic.

If I had a critique, I would say the background music was a little loud at times. It made it a little hard to hear the conversations and/or narration taking place. Also, and I saw this in another review as well, the black title screens that broke up the chapters should be reviewed. I mean, they did their job, they just need something. Not sure what, I'm not an editor, but I'll know it when I see it. Maybe the transition to them could be changed. They just need something to be more polished.

Overall, I really good edit and, like I said previously, this is my default choice for re-watching this movie.

Thank you for your time in making this. Myself and my wife both enjoyed it.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments