suicidesquadfail_front
FanFix May 29, 2023 1424
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

That's a fresh and very interesting take on the 2016 SSQ film. I really enjoyed the chaptering, the titles were wisely chosen, but like the person below me suggested, it would've been better without the black screen. I also believe that it would've flowed better if the movies opens directly on Waller's meeting, the footage from the opening intros with June and Harley could've been useful to add some meat during Waller's briefing.
As for the audio, I loved that you completely removed the music during the Deadshot scene, it worked so much better. And I think that the whole film shouldn't feel like a jukebox movie. Minor complaint, but the music that kicks in the Killer Croc intro is too loud, so we don't hear the dialogue clearly.
As for the narrative, it's great and flows smoothly. But I think that you should've used a flashback effect after the Warden gives the concealed phone to Harley, the way it jumps directly to confused Joker going to Louisianna feels a little weird when you're not familiar with the movie.

Last thing, the nerd in me didn't help but notice that when Enchantress frees her brother, she should refer to Darkseid and his generals as the New Gods and not the Old Gods.

Overall, it's a very promising edit that greatly improves the original, it just needs a little polishing.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply July 09, 2023

You know what... you're right! I've changed the subtitle to New Gods for version 2! I also adjusted music levels and made other tweaks based on the reviews!

However, I've chosen to leave the title screens as is for now. They're meant to emulate the style of the titles in Zack Snyder's Justice League, though it'd be a fun challenge to find a way to make them more ingrained, like the chapters in The Suicide Squad.

D
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments