suicidesquadfail_front
FanFix May 29, 2023 1424
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Finally, another attempt to try and make something good out of this mediocre movie!

And I've got to say upfront, Josephdquinn did it and made this my new go to for any future DCEU marathons! I say new because before I had Wakeupkeo's edit to watch, I actually watched it 2-3 times (more than I did the original film) to the point I had forgotten what was cut out. Thankfully, Joseph's was quite different from Keo's and he reminded me that I actually enjoyed many of the scenes that were cut.

I'll begin with the two big changes that you see right from the beginning of the movie, the title chapters and the rearranged intro of the characters. I liked both of those changes a lot, but, for the intro part, I believe the Enchantress and the Harley bit should be in their big intros when the movie begins. Enchantress, for a main character, has very little flashbacks, so cutting them even shorter just to put a couple of scenes between the logos, didn't worth it. For the Harley one, I just found it a bit out of place in general and I believe another reason that it would best to put it with the rest of the proper introduction, is because Joker mentions the machine guns, so we can definitely put it before the scene were Joker's gang busts in shooting everything and everyone. Plus, more Harley/Margot Robbie time without interruptions from other scenes inbetween!

When it comes to chapters, although I liked the idea a lot, I believe it would work better if it was done without the black screen, like putting the letters on a wall or the sky, something like that (I'm just giving random examples to be more clear about what I mean). Maybe this can't be done, I have no idea, if not, then that's fine. Also, the sound before chapter 4 title, where Flag is looking at something or thinking, is cut a little bit abrupt. Now that I mention the sound, at the first chapter were all the intro songs are playing, I think at some point with Deadshot inside the prison, the song was too loud, I had a hard time hearing the dialogue.

A last thing I noticed from the visual side of things, I don't know it's my pc's fault though but this didn't happen with Keo's version, at the last scene from the fight with the Enchantress were they must throw the bomb and shoot it and everything is in slow motion, the slow motion wasn't smooth. It looked like there was low frame rate or something, the image was "jumpy".

Moving on from these nitpickings of mine, the edit was freaking excellent! I enjoyed the movie immensely, even though this must be like the fifth time I'm watching this and also, I watched it after having seen Wakekeo's edit like a couple of days before! So, the editor had a really hard job in winning me over. The audio and visual edit was excellent, besides the couple of things I mentioned previously, and I seriously think that if this version was what we got at the cinemas, it would have gone a lot better. I also enjoyed the changes in the soundtrack!

I can see this edit having a v.2 easily, if the editor has the time of course, and it will elevate it even more. I highly recommend this edit and I guarantee you it will be your go to for any future DCEU marathons, provided you found the original film at least mediocre, otherwise I don't think any editor can do anything for you.

Thank you Josephdquinn for all your hard work and thank to anyone who read my review!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply June 15, 2023

Thank you for the kind words! I will definitely be working on an enhanced V2!

Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments