SW_Ep123_Reimagined_front.jpg
FanFix February 21, 2016 6141
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I was lucky enough to get a sneak peek at this edit and I was glad I did. The prequels are troublesome, this is no secret. Just look at the sheer amount of fanedits on this site for examples of the myriad problems with the series. This ambitious edit attempts to mash all three prequel films into one coherent movie and I am glad to say it succeeds.

I was pleasantly surprised to see a lot of the action scenes cut out but it harkens back to the original trilogy where the stunt choreography served the story and wasn't the showcase. The story was concise, easy-to-digest and took a lot of the b.s. from the prequels out. There are some really cool narrative cuts that completely re-work the story of the prequels into a new beast, especially with the characterization of Anakin Skywalker. I don't want to spoil anything but there is a huge gamble with the material from Phantom Menace and it pays off.

If you are in the mood for a quick brush-up on the prequels before marathoning the original trilogy this is definitely the go-to. Check this edit out, it's really well done!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
T
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 1

Comments