(Updated: January 01, 2022)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

*This is a review of Version 2 of this Fanedit*

Let me start by saying that this is easily one of the most impressive fanedits I've ever seen from a technical perspective. The new FX work, supplied by multiple contributors, is excellent, and all of it feels like it has a purpose. The editing choices are also great: several sequences flow much better than the theatrical version of the film.

Nearly all of the cuts are flawless both in visuals and audio, although I do feel the way the conversation about lightspeed skipping is cut is a little jarring. I think it would have been a better choice to leave lightspeed skipping in the movie as is.

Overall, this fanedit takes a film I intensely dislike and makes the experience go down a little easier. Frankly, I think there are fundamental flaws with this film that would require major story changes to address, but for what it is, I think this edit as about as best as it could be.

Viewing the 30+GB version, video and audio quality are great, although there is some noticeable artifacting in dark scenes like the trek through the catacombs. The new color grade really brings the movie's visuals to life.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments