Review Detail

9.3 20 10
FanFix August 23, 2012 7299
(Updated: September 11, 2012)
Enjoyment

Review by darthscourge — October 8, 2011 @ 3:52 pm

Just finished it…and, man this was amazing. Everything worked so much better than the original, the deleted scenes insertions are well-timed and make a better story. The Yoda/Palpatine duel is not missed, yet I thought it would be. The agonizing decision that Anakin makes is tense and far more believable, and extremely emotional. It starts out in an upbeat way and ends on the darkest note possible, with just a glimmer of (A New) hope in those twin suns.

The shortened run time is perfect – now it plays more like an extended episode of The Clone Wars, which works so well. IMHO The Clone Wars series’ far outclass all of the original prequels anyway.

An excellent way to prelude Adywan’s ANH:R! Snaps and much respect to Kerr and all the other editors who directly or indirectly contributed. In the three or so years I’ve been a member here, I haven’t watched any of the others, so I cannot make any comparisons. But, man, this effing rocks! 9.5 lightsabers, just want a Hi-def fully-sick 5.1 version now for that extra .5!
D
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments