swep1finalspence_front
FanFix February 05, 2024 1189
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I think this is a great Phantom Menace edit. One of the best. It doesn't try to change too much of the original movie. This is for people who like Phantom Menace but wish it was a little better. Jar Jar is now a humorous character but not annoying. It think the pace is greatly improved and I like the addition of the deleted scenes. The edits and cuts are seamless. And that's coming from someone who has seen this movie tons of times.
My only complaint is that the planet core sequence was completely removed. I know a lot of people hate it, but I think they should lighten up. This underwater monster/action sequence is what Star Wars is all about. Personally I love the sequence. Qui-Gon saying "there's always a bigger fish" is iconic Star Wars to me. I have seen other fan edits streamline the planet core sequence and remove all Jar Jar annoyance and it works well.
Overall, this edit is better than the original. If this edit had part of the planet core sequence added back in, it would be a perfect edit for me.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments