swep1finalspence_front
FanFix February 05, 2024 1023
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Basing my review compared to the Original.

Spence has done a fantastic job here at making The Phantom Menace flow much better than the original. One problem I have with a lot of edits is that they completely remove the Gungan City, which I believe to be a major part of the theme of this movie. Spence was able to keep it in, while streamlining the journey to get to the surface as well.

As far as the audio/video quality, it is near perfect. If you are a massive Star Wars fan like myself, you may notice that something is missing, but it is purely because I have seen this movie way too many times and am now used to the original.

Jar Jar is toned down I feel like the perfect amount. His inclusion has never been the issue imo, but the poop jokes were never funny. With those and other needless antics removed, he feels more in line with what I would have expected him to be.

Lastly, the final battle order is changed up just slightly, but it works so much better imo.

I would absolutely recommend that you use this version for your next Star Wars viewing.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
February 27, 2024
I strongly recommend these edits on I, II, and III. Spence's Final Cut edits contain effective stories and character development, which remains is above par of the original. Thanks heaps, Spence!
D
doctrinae
1 results - showing 1 - 1