sw_endofskywalker_front
FanMix July 24, 2022 4268
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Well now Ive had quite a treat lately. Finding out about 'The Blackened Mantle' lead me to this page and upon seeing what a success that was I was hyped to see another ONDUB (ref. 'undub' - a term used in video game modding) for Star Wars. I'm so hyped in fact that I sincirely believe that TOT will benefit from this overhaul treatment in so far as the dubbing and plot twisting goes. TOWS and ROTR. With TBM now being the defacto Episode I in TSWS we are now missing II&III!

INLUCENT deftly showcases the effectiveness of the 'less is more' concept here... Go see!!!

One thing one must say that really needs mention is the Japanese language. At first I was thinking it was going to be too much: but not only does it allow for the adjustments in story; it actually suits the Star Wars setting perfectly. Over and above the native one even. There is a heightened sense of drama woven into it now. It is quite inexplicable. Yet the subtitles alter the perception of the words in such a way that just seems to fit the expressions. It was meant to be. Props to the writer too of course.

I put a seven for enjoyment in honour of the samurai code. The quest for vengeance upon them studios whom scuttle-butted the epic of a million childhoods continues. Only once a complete and coherent saga is brought forth will it be attained. Let us pray The Fandom Menace may one day rest in peace!!

User Review

Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments