FanFix September 10, 2021 3859
(Updated: June 17, 2023)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This is a mostly pretty good edit of the sequel trilogy, but I did have some issues with it. Before that though I will say the first act and the final act are really good. The cuts work really well and it leads to a really good conclusion. Where I feel the edit suffers most though is in the second act. I just don’t think the Rey stuff works well without Luke being there it just feels kind of off, and I feel there needed to be a bit more information as to why Rey is on Ach-To. However, that being said I’m not really sure how it could be rectified, and the stuff with Canto Bight works decently enough. I really wanted to love this edit, but those flaws kind of held it back for me. Still the audio and visual editing works really well and while I can definitely tell in the final act that a bunch of stuff had been stitched together, the narrative worked so it was really easy to look past it. Despite my issues, I’d definitely recommend this edit as an alternative to the trilogy if you either didn’t like it or hated Rise of Skywalker as most of this edit is comprised of stuff from episodes 7 and 8.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
D
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments