FanFix September 10, 2021 3859
(Updated: May 20, 2023)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This is my first review and my first abridged Star Wars sequel viewing of the offerings in Fanedit. I found this to be very enjoyable and it fixed many of the problems I had with the too-many-cooks syndrome the sequel had. Now the story has been shaved down to a bare-bones version and many of the [ to me ] irrelevant plot points and bloat have been removed it flows much better. I can see that working with set-in-stone edited movies creates some narrative and editing choice problems for the Fanediter here but they are overcome really well in my view and the editor has achieved a great deal of coherence in this edit. This new single movie flows so well that it hides how much work probably went into making that happen. Also, there were some newly created scenes that were added to help with the plot. I enjoyed the ending much more than I did the original and came away from the experience very satisfied to finally see the movies in a new more pleasing light. There are many characters completely gone and many plot arcs have completely gone, the movie now focuses on the main characters and tells their stories which to me is a great boon, also I felt Luke was handled in a much more positive way and I felt his presence more strongly even with his reduced role here in this edit than in original version. There are all the inevitable oddities in this type of edit, costumes not matching scene to scene and dificult chioces or no choice in where and how to edit certain sections, etc, but these things are beyond the control of an Editor and so I don't count or consider any of that in my estimation of the work. Thanks to the Editor.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Z
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments