FanFix October 12, 2019 17171
(Updated: March 23, 2024)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Finally got to watch this and had a great time with it.

It checks most boxes towards an ideal ANH fanedit for me.
Like many, I've always liked the discreet SE additions such as Obi's new hut, the Mos Eisley dock departure or the ROTJ hangar - but been annoyed as well by CGi womprats and dewbacks (and equally surprised as to how many popular faneditors choose to keep them). Possessed manages to achieve this delicate balance into his edit like no one else. There's also some inventive quick trims, used inconspicuously to omit some clunkiness in the original, as is the case with Luke's training and the Death Star duel. Personally I still don't care for Biggs, but him having his own scene doesn't offend like Jabba (who's not featured, to be clear). So in light of those elements (and an impeccable Battle of Yavin), ANH by Possessed takes a spot in my selection I've been long looking to fulfill.

As others have said, audio is crisp and clear, even to an untrained ear like mine, although I'm pretty sure it gets slightly delayed around the 1h8min mark and it stays that way for about fifteen minutes until it normalizes (actually there's a minor video glitch exactly at 01:07:52.691 that might be related to that) [EDIT: issues fixed].

Video looks good for the most part, but it gets occasionally fuzzy - reflecting the sources used and the transitions between them. The reworked lasers go a long way to freshen up the experience and certainly elevate the edit, but there are noticeable seams - particularly when Luke is handling the lightsaber.

Essential bonus features bundled with the BluRay ISO, props for that too.

I enjoyed this very much and recommend it.

Thank you!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Blu-Ray
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
(Updated: March 17, 2022) March 17, 2022
Thank you for thy kind words. However I just checked on my physical disc which is same that was released, the 720p version, and I checked the file on my computer and no such visual glitch is present on my end, neither does the audio go out of sync. Could your download maybe have had an error somehow? Has this issue happened to anybody else that happens to be reading this? I haven't received any reports of a glitch at that time frame or the audio going out of sync and when I checked mine I didn't see anything either.
P
possessed
1 results - showing 1 - 1