9.6 11 10
(Updated: November 29, 2023)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

It made me think, this one. I am usually an easy person to please, and always accepted The Final Frontier for what it is, another chapter with my beloves cast, and enjoyed it, warts and all. In general, when I am approaching a project, I would look to extend the movie as much as possible, just to have so much more! But, what BionicBob did here, is actually teach me that sometimes less is more. Man, how much the cuts in this one actually improve the movie, and give it more dignity. Take, for example removal of Kirk's fall at the beginning.... I am actually embarrassed, that scene was ever in the movie! Uhura's dance? For the love ofWhyyy?! 'Guess what I'm not going to be missing, going forward...

I love "new" fan created effects. I did not expect much in that regard, due to different origin of many of those, but they are singificant improvement over the original ones, that I never was fond of. They always seemed lacking, especially after gloriously updated SFX on TOS Blu-ray release. Anything close to that kind of love was never given to movies, until BionicBob and Wraith got their chance with some of them on their respective projects. The rest is history. This is my definitive version of The Final Frontier.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments