(Updated: April 04, 2013)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Review by JetSetWilly — July 10, 2012 @ 8:07 pm

I first saw this edit over two years ago, and I’m ashamed to say I’ve only just got around to writing a review about it. Overall, I thought it was very well done. BB’s intention of keeping it inline with the original TV series, and as a start to a second 5 year mission, works very well. The original music, fade outs, it all fits, and works very well. It is also an achievement that he managed to take a movie that’s 135 minutes long, and condense it down to 80 minutes, and STILL tell the same story.

UPDATE: April 2013

BionicBob has released an updated version of this edit, which has slight improvements in the video, with a few added extras to boot. Still a good edit, the added bits make this even better.

Is it an improvement? I don’t think it’s a question I can answer, because I still think the original version is a classic Trek story, whereas BionicBob’s version is a different take on it altogether, so it would be unfair to compare them both side by side. What I will say is that it is an excellent way to start a series of edits based on the first 6 Original Series movies, and moulding them into something that he has thought a hell of a lot about.

This is the start of the crew’s second 5 year mission. It would be rude to not join them.

A solid 9/10.

User Review

Format Watched?
DVD
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments