Review Detail

9.0 19 10
FanFix August 14, 2012 4198
(Updated: September 15, 2012)
Enjoyment

Review by TMBTM — September 21, 2010 @ 10:41 pm\

I agree with most of Rogue-theX review.
I never was a Trek fan but this edit did it to me. I can understand that less Khan can be a letdown to some but to me it was nice. I prefer the story to reveal bit by bit what happened. Hitchcock said that suspens is when the audience knows more than the protagonists, but sometime I just prefer to be in the characters shoes and discovering things along with them. That was the point of view of most of the original series episodes IIRC and I think it is well done here.
(and to be frank, even if Ricardo Montalban is an awesome actor and plays Khan in a very “high in color” way, I never took his character too seriously to be a really good vilain, but it’s just me)
The funeral was quite touching, new music along the edit works quite good (and stay after the end credit: nice little found here!)
The edit could have been even shorter though, I think.
My only major problem is technical and deals once again with the 4:3 letterboxed (2.35:1) ratio, but as the first “V’ger” edit also was presented this way I guess I need to take it as a continuity thing and just thanks bionicbob for making once again a Trek edit that I liked!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments