Review Detail

9.9 10 10
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

These are the kind of edits I like the most: those that fix obvious flaws from original sources to create a plausible Hollywood-quality improved version. A lot of credit should go to the VFX creators, which fit greatly with the original practical ones, but the same can be said from the excellent visual and audio editing. From now, this is the definitive version to watch!

Just one very minor nitpicking detail: even though the new VFX shots are of great quality, they may look a little to clean/CGI compared to the original footage when compared to the original optical/practical effects. Maybe this could be improved with a mild combination of grain+soft+chromatic aberration filters on those shots which could make them feel more 'analog'.

I wonder if the director's cut version could also have the same treatment and thus create a true director's special edition, much like the official ST:TMP DC. I'm aware of the other cut based on the DC with almost all VFXs replaced, but I much prefer this more subtle approach.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
J
Top 500 Reviewer 10 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments