starbeast_front
FanFix March 04, 2022 5028
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I am not familiar that much with the grindhouse style, so this edit was kind of new and fun for me to watch. It felt like I was watching a different movie than Alien. It was engaging and well made. I only had minor issues with the new narrative! I don't think it was necessary to add nudity in that movie, but I guess it fits the style! The new soundtrack is interesting. The new opening is good.
Video Quality: I removed points here because it feels like the alien was added to some scenes with a bit of a clunky effect and the nudity was also clearly added from another source. I think I was a bit distracted by that more than the visuals...
Narrative: It was cohesive. The new B story line for some parts was interesting novelty but I missed some character closure.
Enjoyment: It reflects my previous points and the fact that I still prefer the original movie.
Overall it was a very fun watch and an interesting way for me to discover new grindhoused movies.
It's clear Gieferg is an experienced faneditor and this movie is technically well done.
I recommend for those who are not Alien purists and wish to enjoy a fun way to watch that doesn't take itself to seriously!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments