FanFix March 04, 2022 5037
(Updated: June 29, 2022)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I have to admit that I have some mixed feelings with the 1st Alien, the main cause is the inconsistent pacing, I feel like the first 30-40 minutes of this movie move in a glacial speed, so you might be wondering "why are you saying all this stuff?" and I answer you, because this edit fix it in a masterful way, I can't praise this edit enough.

I absolutely loved the color grade of this edit, it's so beautiful and refreshing, it also blends really well with the grindhouse effect, which is another thing to be praised, I loved the neat details that it have, like, in a couple of instances the image loses a bit of the focus for a second, I know it doesn't sound too out of this world, but I think it adds so much to the experience.

The soundtrack as another amazing thing, every track feels like it was made for this edit, especially in 2 scenes that I won't give spoilers, speaking of spoilers, that ending was so good, I wasn't expecting it at all, I would recommended waiting until the very ending to not miss a certain thing ;)

Almost forgot to mention the fake trailers, they are so damn good, I laughed way too hard with the "three f*cking bears" line.

I highly recommend this edit, it's on my top 5 favorite fan edits, it's just perfect, if you never watched a grindhouse edit, I would recommend starting by this one.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
E
Top 1000 Reviewer 3 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments