starbeast_front
FanFix March 04, 2022 5052
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This is certainly a unique and enjoyable way to revisit this classic movie. I was genuinely surprised how well the cheesy disco tracks, elevator music, and timeless pop classics worked to set an entirely different mood and keep my foot tapping. The grindhouse dust and scratches, degradation, etc, all felt very well done, I'm not sure how to judge such a thing but it was all good.

The only negative points I have are the fun changes to the narrative.
I really liked the new plot twist, and it was well executed. However, I was disappointed that this little chuckle was at the tradeoff for one of my favorite scenes of the movie. I was really enjoying the new mood set throughout the movie, so it makes me wonder how the omitted scenes would have been with same treatment.
The silly ending was well done as well, probably as good as this idea could be executed. However, the CGI alien was a heavy detraction from the grindhouse feel, since the entire movie till then was practical effects. Had it been present in the original movie that would have been a revolutionary and stupidly expensive bit of CGI, so definitely took a hit on the grindhouse low budget feel.
This is a really great edit though, that I would recommend to anyone who enjoyed the original.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply June 03, 2022

"since the entire movie till then was practical effects."

Almost. There is one more CGI scene added earlier in the movie :>

A
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments