stbeyondstrange_front
FanFix November 10, 2023 765
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I always have mixed feelings when I watch the Kelvin movies. All I mostly see now is unfulfilled potential. The Kelvin Timeline films are Slick, Dumb Fun. Well, except Into Darkness. That is just plain idiotic lol.

Beyond feels like a better return to silly form after the mess of Into Darkness. And Lapis Molari's cut work certainly aids in this feeling with my latest rewatch of this movie.

Overall, in this version, the pacing moves tighter and I deeply appreciated the trimming of the unnecessary humour. It goes a long way to make the relationships of our heroes feel more genuine. And in turn, it allows the audience to become more invested. Great work!

For me, Krall is over edited. In this version, I have little sense of his character or motivations. He is just now Evil. Granted his original scenes and dialogue were very two dimensional and unoriginal, but at least it was something. And for me, the best Trek antagonists are the ones with some layered complexity, even if it is a very thin layer lol.

Technically, I did not notice any issues. For a file size this small, the picture and sound quality is surprisingly very good! Well done!

Overall, a fun alternative watch.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments