9.4 13 10
Extended Edition April 05, 2020 5792
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

WOW!!! This is an almost perfect edit of this film! Yes there are some unfinished scenes added in, but most of them are amazing and IMHO should have been in the final film. They don't add that much time, but the fight in Aunt May's house was SO much better!!! There was a echo in the scene at the Spider-man dedication dinner near the end, where SM is stalking to MJ and there is an echo in his voice that was strange. There was a deleted scene that I think should not have been added in, because it really didn't work well in the film and editors of the theatrical release were smart to leave out. It is the extra few seconds added to scene where fat Peter is taking the goober from Miles and tells him he doesn't have to be Spider-Man anymore. I don't like that one in the film personally. I think Peter wouldn't have said that, because he only wanted to protect Miles because he wasn't fully ready yet, and it was that moment where he is left behind, that is the proverbial push off the ledge Miles needed to become Spider-Man.
This won't replace the original for me, but I'm very glad to have watched it and to have viewed the additional fight sequences in May's home. That was just cool and I wish they had finished it and put it in the movie.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
K
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments