shangchilegacy_front
FanFix June 13, 2022 2672
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

The short of it: This replaces the theatrical version. Go, watch and enjoy!
Technically excellent. Coherent narrative. Clear character development.

There were a few moments that I missed though:
- cagefight of Wong vs Abomination. Yes it's a "WTF?" scene, but it's memorable.
- Katy's amazing arrow. Another memorable moment, and a perfect illustration of Lao Tzu's saying that opens the edit.
- Trevor playing dead on the battlefield.

The last two also would've added to the runtime of the speedy final battle. Despite missing these details, this edit wins over the theatrical with clearer focus on character development and less CGI fest.

Extra praise for tremault's openness to feedback and willingness to incorporate good points in the edit.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply July 03, 2022

Thank you so much! It's a shame those removals were missed by you, I do recognise that it reduces their stories and I was thinking about doing a Katy and Trevor special at some point, but this edit was meant to be pure Shang Chi and his family so it was inescapable :)

L
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 1

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
June 25, 2022
It's odd, since the three moments you highlight are three things that are clearly exactly against the intention of the edit. I can't fault you for preferring them, but it seems weird to note that they're gone when it's precisely the point of the edit to remove them...?
M
mnkykungfu
1 results - showing 1 - 1