(Updated: August 27, 2012)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

August 12, 2012

The first Scream movie was really entertaining and original. With the second one the filmmakers could have easily fallen into the trap they themselves created but Scream 2 turned out to be almost as good as the first one. Scream 3 was the first sequel that felt like they started to milk the concept, and it was more a spoof movie of the previous Scream movies than a smart satire on horror movies. But at least I was entertained. Then came Scream 4...

Here is what I liked about Scream 4: The scenes leading up to Olivia’s death and aftermath (although there was too much blood on the walls, this isn’t a Rob Zombie movie) the scenes with Sidney and Jill (“you remind me of me” and “I know how you feel”) and the idea of the ending (but it wasn’t executed well IMO)

Now to Neglify’s fanedit; I wish I had seen this version in theaters instead of the Black Christmas (remake) ending we got. And the deleted scenes that were added in work perfectly. Although the movie still sucks (this is why the rating for "Enjoyment" was only "6", no fault on Neglify's part) and because I (sometimes) have a hard time expressing myself I’m going to paste something here that Neglify himself wrote in a review, where he quoted something that geminigod wrote in a review (how meta can you get?)

“It is much much improved now but still something I don’t have much fondness for.
I’m going pull a page out of the geminigod review playbook...
(Fanedit rating focuses on technical and creative criteria that pertain specifically to the scope and depth of changes made from the source material by the faneditor. In other words, I might hate the movie but still give a high fanedit rating if I really respect the re-editing work done to it.
Movie rating judges on traditional criteria of quality/enjoyment as if this were an original theatrical release being seen for the first time.)”

I guess it all comes down to this: If you really disliked Scream4 then this fanedit won’t save it for you, but if you half liked it than you want to download this because it is a more polished and thought through version. And this being the best version of Scream4 got to be worth something, right?
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments