9.6 21 10
FanFix November 19, 2012 9935
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Wow, just wow! As a longtime POTA fan/collector, I thought I had seen it all...almost to the point of being bored of the franchise. What used to be a yearly marathan (movies and tv series) for me slowly transformed into an "every 3 years watch" and eventually into "well one day I'll feel like watching it again".

Then Bionicbob announced his Saga of the Apes and I paid attention...then watched the two volumes recently and boy! He did it right! I just cannot imagine how many hours were spent into the planning alone for such an undertake. Also, it is well-executed: I personnally did not notice any sound or visual flaw. This new way of watching the franchise is absolutely amazing, it brought back my interest in those movies. I can already say that Saga of the Apes will deserve a yearly watch for me.

I do watch a lot of fanedits and I have to say that regardless of this one being based on one of my favorite franchises, I have to admit it is one of the most original fanedits out there (along with the Jaws sharkploitation edit) as far as originality is concerned.

One more thing: on disc 1, Bionicbob thanks his bride and daughter for their patience...well...please Bionicbob please forward a sincere "thank you" on my part to your bride and daughter for their patience! They allowed me and other people to enjoy a very entertaining 3 hours of your talent and dedication!

THANK YOU!
Eric

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments