9.2 2 10
Special Projects February 28, 2013 4698
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This was awesome! A must-see for any Rocky Horror fans. Picture was beautiful 1080p (even though this movie looks better in lower quality, especially in 35mm). I listened to the mono mix and it was astounding. I'm sure the 5.1 track is just as good. If the audio commentary is the same one on the DVD/BD it's a blast.

The only thing that could have made this better would be the inclusion of the audience participation audio track, but whatever I can edit it and mux it in myself.

Highly highly recommended for all RHPS fans.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
January 15, 2014
I have to laugh at myself but as a film 'purist' I take exception to your comment that the movie looks better in lower quality - referring to 35mm.

Even though it's difficult to compare the organic nature of film to its digital counterpart, 35mm film is said to be equivalent to above the 4k mark. 1080p is approximately 2k whereas 4k is quadruple (not double) the 2k resolution of 1080p. (Wikipedia has some good info. on why.)

Obviously most of the 35mm prints of RHPS were trashed being shown so many times by crappy projectionists and misaligned equipment so you do have a point. It just makes me sad that there's so much 'digital is better' misinformation out there which further caused the death of film.

I don't mean this to be disrespectful or a dig at you or your review! I am really looking forward to this fanedit myself!
M
mathew1965
January 16, 2014
It's all good, I admit I know jack about the differences between film and digital. But it is true that the current prints of the film are definitely lower quality than the BD, at least in terms of dirt, dust, scratches, etc. At least the prints I've seen.
N
neglify
2 results - showing 1 - 2