FanFix March 10, 2016 3073
(Updated: March 11, 2024)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This is definitely worthy of a 10 star rating. The video and audio quality are amazing. I admit that I watched this on my laptop, but I'm sure this would look good on a TV (will plan to do this in the future).

The editing itself is flawless. If you weren't a fan of some of the comments the sports media made about Rocky, you'll love this. The fight scene at the end also flows much better. This is due to the removal of some shots of Marie. There is still some shots of her, but she's not as prominent, and the scene just works better.

I also liked the inclusion of some of the deleted scenes.. Particularly, the sparring scene. I've always felt that the reconcillation scene with Rocky and Robert happened a little too quickly in the movie as it happens right after Rocky's big motivational speech. Adding the sparring scene back gives those two scenes the right amount fo distance, and I think the graveside scene works better as a result. I also felt that it was a good way of showing Rocky's mindset at that point in the movie, but maybe that's just me.

My only complaint (and it's a minor one) is that one of the deleted scenes that's been added back makes refrence to a couple of delted scenes that weren't included in this version. The scene itself is great and I'm glad it's in here, and I think I understand why those other scenes didn't make this fan edit. But it might be a bit confusing if you're not familar with the deleted scenes. I don't think this is a big deal though.

Last but not least, I love the way the end credits were edited. There wasn't really anything wrong with the running up the steps montage, but I much prefer that version just cuts to that shot of Stallone and the piece of music that plays. I kinda think it fits more tonally with the movie too.

So, if you're a fan of the Rocky saga (regardless of how you rate this entry), this is an entertaining watch. It's definitely an edit that I'll revisit.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
E
Top 1000 Reviewer 3 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments