revengejedi_front
FanFix January 01, 2023 2395
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

As advertised, excellent editing and cutting. Besides one minorly noticeable cut they are indistinguishable from the original movie's quality. Audio is well mixed also.

Several interesting changes that I really liked, besides many trimmed shots and scenes that did help with pacing and silliness. I never really had an issue with Luke immediately realising who his sister is, but removing that imformation from the Obi-Wan conversation does add a nice extra bit of suspense to the film. The re-edit of the Han & Lando conversation outside the Falcon is an emormous improvement. The original conversation is so stilted and awkward, and "would you get going you pirate" was always way too cheesy a line and too cheerfully said. I like the choice to end on Vader's burning pyre but I think the cut to credits probably should've been on the pan up to fireworks rather than the pan back down.

Thanks for making this, enjoyed it a lot. I would have preferred some more cuts to Han especially, and I feel like there's only so much you can do to improve the narrative of the movie, hence the lower score here, but regardless I definitely recommend to people who want a fan edit that doesn't stray too far from the original, but feel the pacing and tone suffers from all the ewok and han goofiness.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments