revengejedi_front
FanFix January 01, 2023 2387
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Another great work by DonkeyKonga! I have lost count to how many fanedits I have watched about Star Wars. The prequels were actually the ones that got me into the wonderful world of fanedits, but that's irrelevant.

My go-to version for this movie was/is (haven't decided yet) Darthrush's "Remastered" edit. He also dealt with the out of character Han Solo stuff, the Ewoks shenanigans, the Endor mess and some other details. So, as you can understand if you read DonkeyKonga's changes, I had some extra changes to enjoy that I actually agreed with. Like the plot with Luke gifting the androids and how this whole sequence takes place, more trimming of Ewoks, Vader staying in character etc.

I won't go into detail, I'll just say that this is definitely a very interesting and refreshing version for anyone who is not a complete purist. For any Star Wars fan, you can understand if you are going to like this edit by simply reading the basic changes that the editor mention in "fanedit information" or reading the more detailed one. And I'm saying this because technical wise is excellent, so only if you like the changes matter.

The only thing I realized I did not really enjoy, was the different ending. I prefer the original one. Also, I'm not sure how I feel about the way Luke just knows Leia is his sister. Especially the "ask me again sometime" line feels kind of out of place. I'm guessing the logic has something to do with the force etc., but still..

Finally, I have one little suggestion. When bounty hunter Leia goes to rescue Solo at night, we see her at first going down some stairs and hitting some kind of wind chimes. Leia is very smart, plus she is in an extremely important mission and I don't think she would do something so stupid like accidentally hitting some wind chimes in the dead of night where there is absolute silence. I'm not an editor, so I don't know if it can be removed, I'm just suggesting it.

Other than that, I definitely recommend this edit, there are not many editors who actually change stuff in the original trilogy, few dare to do that, so be sure to try it if you agree with the intentions of the editor.

Thank you once again DonkeyKonga for all your hard work and thanks to anyone who read my review!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply September 24, 2023

Thanks for the kind words. You do realise that in the original cut Luke also just knows Leia is his sister? He litterally says it out loud the moment he hears he has a sister in the original cut.

All I did was change it so that Luke keeps it to himself that he knows. :)

Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments