2001_front.jpg
FanMix January 30, 2015 5924
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

Foreword: I haven't seen the original in sometime, which I prefer for watching edits and I also didn't review the changes (log) ahead of watching, which I also prefer. I looked at the edit list back when I downloaded the edit, but I like to not know what I'm walking into; I don't watch an edit for a few months or more after downloading it.
Additional Note: I have seen a few other FanEdits recently.

What I liked: You kept the feeling of the original but made it less boring. Your edits felt seamless.

What I didn't: Not much, but it didn't add a ton for me, but I feel you could watch this edit never seeing the original and talk to other people about the movie still.

Overall: If you hate 2001, then maybe check this out, but if you've never seen it or want to re-watch it I would recommend checking this edit out. This edit sits alongside the original very well. I think you still leave the movie with, if not the same, a similar feeling as the original. Well done.

Extra: Keep up the good work! Maybe next time you re-encode/work on this you can use H265 for some added compression, just FYI.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
July 30, 2015
"Maybe next time you re-encode/work on this you can use H265 for some added compression, just FYI."

I highly highly doubt Soderbergh will see this comment.
N
neglify
July 30, 2015
In reply to an earlier comment

You're most likely correct, but still my advice :)
B
byteshare
2 results - showing 1 - 2