FanMix October 05, 2013 5209
(Updated: November 03, 2013)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I loved this edit so much that after I finished watching all 5+ hours of it, I went back and listened to another 5+ hours of Last Survivor talking about it. Simply put, this is one of the most professional, original and downright fun fanedits ever created. Everything from the title cards to the audio commentary has been carefully crafted by a true master. Highly recommend.

Audio/Video Quality: With the amount of cropping, colour correction and panning and scanning done to the original picture, I'm surprised this looks as good as it does. Well done.

Visual Editing: As above, Last Survivor has done a ton of work to make this look and feel like a TV series. It works incredibly well and the editor's hand is invisible. The only thing that jumped out at me was the aspect ratio of the Payback commercial seemed to be off.

Audio Editing: Listening to the commentary track, I was shocked by how much actual editing was done to create each episode. It's professional and seamless.

Narrative: Incredible. The story hooks you right in and doesn't let go. It's one of those "Oh, I'll just watch one more episode then I really should be off to bed" scenarios where before you know it, it's the middle of the night and you've just finished episode 8 and you're disappointed that there's no episode 9 to watch.

Enjoyment: It's effing awesome.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
DVD
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
November 16, 2013
"...the aspect ratio of the Payback commercial seemed to be off."

Oh yeah that was my fault. I was editing from the original teaser off the old DVD and I didn't catch my mistake.
N
neglify
1 results - showing 1 - 1