FanMix October 05, 2013 5292
(Updated: October 21, 2013)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

This was pure action adventure bliss for me!

LS has pulled off a remarkable feat in creative editing and storytelling, recrafting the original four Rambo features into an eight part 80's style television series!

The absolutely wonderful LS Network music/graphics/intros immediately set the tone for the viewer, I was immediately transported back in time to the Movie of Week specials of the late 1970s and early 80s. Brilliant work! I so want to subscribe to the LS Network!

As a fellow editor who has attempted to create some tv style edits too, I fully appreciate the complexity and time consuming work that went into the opening and closing credits. The end credits in particular are amazing and feel completely authentic. And I totally smiled like a 10 year old kid at the retro-Knight Rider style commercial breaks. Very cool LS!

As to the edits themselves, all work very well, though some play stronger than others. Surprisingly, Rambo 3, which I always viewed as the weakest entry in the franchise, seemed to play the strongest as a TV episode. Maybe simply because it is so over the top in 80s style action, it fit the concept the best. Though my favorite edit has to be episodes one and two, just because I LOVED the seamless inclusion of the Chuck Norris material. The edits of Rambo 2 and 4 are completely solid and held my bride and I completely engaged and entertained.

Of course watching a Last Survivor fan edit is just half the fun; listening to his commentaries are real hidden gems -- filled with interesting insights and facts, they are often better than many "professional" studio commentaries. So make sure you take the time to check them out too!

This is a ratings blockbuster! True Must See TV!

Congrats LS on another fantastic fun fan edit!

Thumbs UP!!!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
DVD
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments