punisherjournal_front
FanFix April 03, 2022 2349
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

It has been a very long time since I watched this - probably over 10 years. My copy was literally collecting dust. This effectively made me a borderline new viewer as I did not remember much of what I previously saw. I was confident lantern51 would do good work this as I was impressed by his edits of the Amazing Spiderman movies. I was not disappointed.

The dark shade coloring of the movie really fit with the dark tone the movie was giving off. The added musical score also amplified the dark feelings while I watched this. I could tell in various instances where things were cut, but the transitions put in place smoothed those out to minimize any jarring effect.

I personally felt the narrative was logical and flowed quite well throughout my viewing experience. Major credit to lantern51 on this. This is not always easy when cutting material throughout a movie, and even rearranging scenes. As referenced above, I am a partial first-time viewer so I could not rely on my memory to fill in the gaps.

Some of my enjoyment was hindered by the gore in this movie. As I have gotten older, I have gotten progressively more turned off by overly bloody material. This is not the editor's fault obviously, but this is something to keep in mind for others reading this review who are considering to watch this.

Overall, this was a fun watch. I want to express my gratitude to the editor for the hard work put into this and sharing the edit with me. I do recommend others to watch this if an opportunity arises.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments