FanFix July 04, 2012 3733
(Updated: April 23, 2023)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

I never understood the hate for "The Postman". It's an inventive post-apocalyptic tale of hope and inspiration, and I for one love stuff like that. It could have been the overly long runtime (which all Kevin Costner movies seem to have.) BionicBob did an excellent job in trimming it down, but towards the end I found that too much felt cut out, which hurt the narrative. A trip to Bridge City and somehow the Postman's followers go from disbanded to forming an army against the Holnists? Also, the revelation of the Postman's "8" brand and that Bethlehem knew him from their Shakespeare encounter years before would have benefited from a quick flashback to this edit's removed beginning. If a person had never seen the original film, they wouldn't understand the reference.

Technically, it the edit was seamless and the title cards were well-done, but there was a few typos, like goverment instead of government and oppresion instead of oppression. Not unlike how "tyranny" is mispelled in the movie, lol.

Overall, I highly recommend to those willing to give underrated or unfairly maligned movies another chance.

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
B
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments