FanFix December 06, 2023 1101
(Updated: February 16, 2024)
Overall rating

Audio/Video Quality

Audio Editing

Visual Editing

Narrative

Enjoyment

After seeing this only once in theaters, I thought it would be interesting to see what it would be like to watch an edit with a relatively vague memory of every scene and line.

From the start, this edit definitely made things easier to follow. My complaint on the original was not only I had to keep up with the fast edits and intelligent lingo they were saying all the time, but I also had to remember what timeline it was and who was who.

I really didn’t miss Strauss as much as I thought I would during any of the pre bomb scenes. It made things much easier to digest. He also still has reasons to mess with Oppenheimer. It made sense. I do wonder how much those Strauss scenes helped with extra layers of characterization for Oppenheimer throughout, though. Perhaps I’ll watch the original once more as my memory is foggy.

The names also helped, and were not cheesy in any way. They gave me some aha moments realizing who they actually were.

The sound, video and quality of cuts were phenomenal. I loved the aspect ratio changes, and the change of black and white scenes. It made perfect sense to me.

All in all, I loved it. The pacing was much better, not as drawn out, and easier to understand.

I am keeping this edit as my go to for the future, for sure!

User Review

Do you recommend this edit?
Yes
Format Watched?
Digital
Owner's reply February 17, 2024

Wow! Thank you so much for the write-up! I'm so glad that this is your go-to. This edit is yours. Also, This is my first 10 so I'm cherishing this review. Again, much appreciated, thank you!

Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments